Applications Specialist – Europe Middle East and Asia
Reporting: to Sales Manager
The position describes a technically orientated and commercially minded professional with a good working knowledge of microfluidic and biology in the commercial area. The field application and sales specialist will be responsible for technical aspects in Europe, Middle-East, and Asia Pacific zones (EMA/APAC)
Working with the Sales Managers, the activities will include:
- Carry out demonstrations of all Fluigent’s products
- Carry out installations and training of all Fluigent’s instruments and applications
- Act as the direct contact in EMEA/APAC for all technical queries from Fluigent’s current and future customers. This includes providing technical support to the sales team or distributors for future instrument sales.
- Take in charge the sales administration for EMEA/APAC Areas under supervision of the sales manager.
- Update CRM databases, Optimize and use the quotation generation system on CRM
- Assist the Sales managers with Tenders offers
- Assist the Sales managers with Exportation procedures and Customs
- Maintain a good knowledge of Fluigent’s instruments and their applications. This includes deep understanding of the individual applications and being able to demonstrate them with complete competency.
- Generate marketing contents thanks to a good understanding of the scientific literature related to Fluigent’s applications
- Write clear and concise reports for evaluations undertaken
- Discuss and report effectively with the Customer Support and R&D teams to consult on technical issues requiring advice. Share data with the technical teams at Fluigent on new projects and data
- The role will also require knowledge of service issues and may involve help in repairing minor problems with instrumentation in the field as required, jointly with the customer support team.
- Circulate around the current customer base to keep them up to date with new technology, help with any technical enquiries
- Report directly to the Sales Manager on all technical issues as required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bac+5 or PhD in Biotechnology, Mechanical engineering – if possible in microfluidic area
- Fluency in English – Another fluent language would be a plus
- Experience in microfluidic applications
- Basis in Physics and Electronics, Biotech application knowledge would be a plus.
- Very good communication skills and training experience
- Sales/marketing skills would be appreciated with past working experiences (at least 2 years) in scientific instrumentation
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excel, CRM and Excel databases
- Flexibility and ability to liaise with different organizational areas and key internal and external referees
- Proven ability to organize and plan work, manage travel, and balance multiple priorities effectively is required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of cross-functional teams is required.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 30% to meet clients at their offices.
Fixed Salary and Incentives package based on qualification and Experience
Applicant must be located or relocated in Paris area.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.